Town Office Closed- Due to the impending storm, the Town Office will be closed on Tuesday, January 27. Decision is pending on closing for Wednesday, January 28.
Warming Shelter- The Newburgh Town Office can be opened as an emergency warming shelter if the need arises. We have a generator, heat, internet as well as cots and blankets. Contact 211 or our Fire Chief, Glenn Williamson at 745-9676 to find out which shelters are open in the area or if you or someone you know are in need of a place to go. Once there is a need, the shelters will open up.
Art Group- A weekly art group for adult artists to meet mornings and paint together is being organized at the Newburgh Town Office. For more information, please call Kate Giffin at 234-3883 or e-mail: email@example.com
Men’s Basketball – The gym will be open on Sunday evenings from 6-9PM beginning for men’s basketball . This session will run through the end of basketball season. The cost for the winter session is $25. You can pay Smokey Dunton when you arrive.
Driveway Plowing- Please be advised that plowing or placing snow in a public way is a violation of Maine Law. Under Title 29A, Section 2396-4, you can be fined $153.00 for plowing snow across a public way. Our emergency vehicles have had some issues with frozen snow in the roadway. Please find another means of snow removal from your property other than plowing it across the road.
Dog Registrations- 2015 Dog Registrations are now due. (Don’t forge dogs need to be registered by December 31.) A late fee of $25 starts on January 31 for all unregistered dogs.
Warming Shelter- The Town Office is a warming shelter for use when the power is out. If you are in need of a place to go during these situations, please call the Town Office at 234-4151 or 211 after hours for listings of area shelters.
- Rec Committee Meeting- Thursday, January 29, 6:30pm.
- Selectmen’s Meeting- Monday, February 2, 6:00pm.
- Planning Board Meeting- Wednesday, February 4, 7:00pm.
- Valentine’s Family Dance- Saturday, February 7, 7:00-9:00pm. Line Dancing class at 6:30pm. Tickets available at the Town Office or the door: $5 per couple, $2 each additional person ($10 family maximum). Dance class and DJ services provided by Back Door Dance Studio.
- Community Cafe- Wednesday, February18, 6:00pm, Newburgh Town Office. Chicken Pot Pie, fixin’s, beverage and dessert. $5 per person. Reservations required by February 13. Call Vicki at 356-1528
- Fitness for All- Tuesdays at 8:30-9:20 AM (50 minute class), Newburgh Town Office, Class fee: $1, Class begins September 9. Participants are welcome to join anytime. Click for more information.
- Recycling- Recycling is the second Friday of the month. We now have zerosort recycling. We have informational brochures in the office or you can download here.
Office Hours: Monday 9-6; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8-5; Friday 8-12.
The need for Volunteers is Great! The Recreation and Cemetery Committees are both in need of members.
If you would like to receive the e-newsletter please contact the Town Office.
What Can We Do For You? Let us know! Drop in or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newburgh Guiding Principles
- Respect- We will observe the Golden Rule.
- Ethics-We will lead by example.
- Accountability-Our business will be open and visible.
- Communication-Listening is more important than talking.
- Teamwork/Partnership-The whole is often larger than the sum of its parts.
The Selectmen meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 7pm at the Town Office. If a meeting is postponed due to inclement weather or a holiday the meeting will be held the next night.
If you have comments or suggestions for or about your website, or if you have pictures that you would like to see on the headers of your website email to swroguekelly@ hotmail.com.
Town Office – 2220 Western Ave, Newburgh, ME 04444
Phone – 234-4151 Fax – 234-2791