Town Office – 2220 Western Ave, Newburgh, ME 04444
Phone – 234-4151 Fax – 234-2791
Town Office Hours
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8-5
The Town Clean Up will be on Saturday, June 25th.
THE FINAL INSTALLMENT FOR 2015 REAL ESTATE TAXES IS DUE APRIL 30TH
Thanks to everyone that donated bottles for the Recreation Department bottle drive.
Nomination papers are available in the Town Office for Selectman, Overseer of the Poor and Road Commissioner for a three year term, as well as RSU #22 Director to complete the balance of a three year term (2 years). There is also an opening for RSU #22 Director for a three year term.
Wellman Paving has been awarded the bid for the road paving project in the amount of $1,957,181.42. With fuel prices low, we are able to accomplish a much bigger project than originally thought. We will be able to repair and pave the following roads: Mudgett Road, Dahlia Farm Road, Littlefield Road, Tapley Farm Road, Miles Road, North Road Extension and repair a portion of the North Road. Chapman Road will also receive a shim coat of pavement. You may have seen, or will see the crews out marking the roads and work is scheduled to begin within the next couple of weeks.
SAVE THE DATE! Newburgh Day will be Saturday, September 17th from 4p.m. to dusk There will be food, games, live music and fireworks. Watch for more information to come.
Annual Town Meeting Schedules
- June 9th – Budget Vote for RSU #22. This meeting is where your vote counts to make changes on the school budget for the upcoming year for RSU #22. This meeting and vote will be held at the Hampden Academy gymnasium at 7:00 p.m.
- June 14th – Town Meeting begins to vote by secret ballot on the following: (Polls open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Referendum vote to confirm the RSU #22 school budget
- Vote for a Moderator for Town Meeting
- Vote for two school board members (RSU #22 Director to complete the balance of a three year term (2 years). There is also an opening for RSU #22 Director for a three year term.)
- Vote for Selectman, Overseer of the Poor and Road Commissioner for a 3-year term
- Town Meeting adjourned until June 18th at 9:00 a.m.
- June 18th – Town Meeting resumes at 9:00 a.m. at the Newburgh Town Office (Voting resumes in an open voting forum)
- Selectmen’s Meeting- Monday, May 2nd at 6:00 p.m. The Selectmen meetings are held the 1st Monday of the month at 6pm at the Town Office. If a meeting is postponed due to inclement weather or a holiday the meeting will be held the next night.
- Planning Board Meeting– Wednesday, April 20th at 7:00pm.
- Recycling– Recycling is the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month. We now have zerosort recycling. We have informational brochures in the office or you can download here. Please place recycling and trash on the opposite sides of your driveway for clarity. Upcoming Dates: October 9 & 23, November 13 & 28, December 11
FREE WI-FI- There is free Wi-Fi available at the Town Office building. You are welcome to bring your computer or device to use or the library has computers available for use during their open hours. The wi-fi is available during all Town Office business hours.
The need for Volunteers is Great! The Recreation and Cemetery Committees are both in need of members.
We send out a weekly newsletter via e-mail. If you would like to receive the e-newsletter please contact the Town Office or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Can We Do For You? Let us know! Drop in or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Newburgh Guiding Principles
- Respect- We will observe the Golden Rule.
- Ethics-We will lead by example.
- Accountability-Our business will be open and visible.
- Communication-Listening is more important than talking.
- Teamwork/Partnership-The whole is often larger than the sum of its parts.
If you have comments or suggestions for or about your website, or if you have pictures that you would like to see on the headers of your website email to Newburghmgr@uninets.net