Property Available- The Town of Newburgh is accepting sealed bids for a foreclosed property located at 493 Chapman Rd. Bids must be submitted to: 2220 Western Ave, Newburgh, ME 04444. Deadline for bids 5/29/15 at 12:00 noon. Minimum bid amount $5,500. Property Sold as is. The Board of Selectmen reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
Your Vote Counts!- The District School Budget meeting will Thursday, June 4th at 7:00pm at the Hampden Academy gym. This is where Residents of Newburgh can determine their school budget. Please Attend! School Budget Referendum vote will be held Tuesday, June 9th at the Newburgh Town Office. Their polls will be open 8am-8pm. This vote confirms the numbers passed on June 4th.
Fire Department Yard Sale- The Fire Department is accepting donations for the annual Yard Sale. Please contact Linda Hamilton at 234-7274 or Glen Williamson at 745-9676 if you would like to donate. The Yard Sale will be held June 5 & 6, 9am-5pm at the Western Ave Station.
Roadside Spring Pickup- Saturday, June 20. There will be only 1 pickup day this year. Items that can be picked up: Appliance (washers, dryers, stoves, dishwashers, compactors), file cabinets, water tanks, furniture ( tables, chairs, couches, beds, etc.), radios stereo equipment, carpets (in 4 ft sections, rolled and tied), plastic pipe, 2 tires up to 16″ without the rims, metal Items Not picked up: Gas cans, gas tanks, propane cylinders, metal containers with glue, tar solvent, resin, paint, caulking, gas and oil, auto parts, NO Refigerators, TVs and computer, fluorescent lamps, batteries, nothing with mercury or Freon. No wood or brush waste. No demolition debris.
Auction To Benefit Newburgh Rescue- Saturday, June 20. 2pm preview, 3pm Auction. We have a goal of raising $6000 for the purchase of equipment including AED’s (automatic external defibrillators). We are accepting donations of New items, Antique or Collectible items and Gift Certificates. If you are interested in donating please call Kelly at 735-3183.
Newburgh Day and Craft Fair- Saturday, July 18. 4pm to Fireworks. Free admission. Games for kids, hot dogs and hamburgers from Newburgh Rescue, Vendor/Crafter booths and more. Watch this space for updates. We are in need of Volunteers, Vendors, Crafters and Musicians! Please contact the Town Office 234-4151 or Kelly at 735-3183. Rain date July 19.
- Town Office closed- Monday, May 25th, in observance of Memorial Day
- Selectmen’s Meeting and Public Information Meeting– Monday, June 1st, 6:00pm.
- Planning Board Meeting– Wednesday, June 3, 7:00pm.
- School Budget Meeting- Thursday, June 4, 7:00pm at Hampden Academy Gym.
- School Budget Vote- Tuesday, June 10, Polls Office 8am-8pm at Town Office
- Community Café– Wednesday, June 17, 6pm. $5 per person. Please RSVP to Vicki by June 19 at 356-1528.
- Rec Committee Meeting– Wednesday, June 10, 6:00pm- Volunteers Needed!
- Fire Department Yard Sale– Friday & Saturday, June 5 & 6, 9am-4pm
- Roadside Spring Cleanup- Saturday, June 20
- Auction to Benefit Newburgh Rescue- Saturday, June 20, 2pm Preview, 3pm Auction at Newburgh Town Office
- Newburgh Day and Craft Fair- Saturday, July 18, 4pm to Fireworks (Rain date July 19)
- Fitness for All– Tuesdays at 8:30-9:20 AM (50 minute class), Newburgh Town Office, Class fee: $1. Participants are welcome to join anytime. Click for more information.
- Art Group- A weekly art group for adult artists to meet mornings and paint together is being held at the Town Office on Wednesday mornings at 10:00am. For more information, please call Kate Giffin at 234-3883 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recycling– Recycling is the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month. We now have zerosort recycling. We have informational brochures in the office or you can download here. Upcoming Dates: June 12 & 26, July 10 & 24, August 14 & 28
Office Hours: Monday 9-6; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8-5; Friday 8-12.
The need for Volunteers is Great! The Recreation and Cemetery Committees are both in need of members.
If you would like to receive the e-newsletter please contact the Town Office.
What Can We Do For You? Let us know! Drop in or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Newburgh Guiding Principles
- Respect- We will observe the Golden Rule.
- Ethics-We will lead by example.
- Accountability-Our business will be open and visible.
- Communication-Listening is more important than talking.
- Teamwork/Partnership-The whole is often larger than the sum of its parts.
The Selectmen meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 7pm at the Town Office. If a meeting is postponed due to inclement weather or a holiday the meeting will be held the next night.
If you have comments or suggestions for or about your website, or if you have pictures that you would like to see on the headers of your website email to swroguekelly@ hotmail.com.
Town Office – 2220 Western Ave, Newburgh, ME 04444
Phone – 234-4151 Fax – 234-2791