Newburgh Day is back! Saturday, September 26, 4pm to 7pm. Rain or shine. Barbeque, Kid’s games and more. Fireworks at 7pm! Free admission.
Archery Safety Course- Saturday and Sunday, September 19 & 20, 9:00am-3:30pm at Town Office. $10 registration includes Lunch and snacks both days. Please contact the Town Office at 234-4151.
Town Office will be closed on Wednesday and Thursday, September 23 and 24 for Training.
USDA – Rural Development – We have been notified by Rural Development that they have funds available to help very low to low income homes with different programs which include Direct Loan Program, Repair and Rehabilitation Loan, Repair and Rehabilitation Grant Program. Very low income households that own their single family property may potentially be eligible for assistance for home repairs and improvements. Elderly households are potentially eligible for up to $7,500 in grant assistance and non-elderly households for up to $20,000 in loan assistance, based on household budget and credit history. Very low to low income households in need of adequate housing may potentially be eligible for assistance up to $190,000 for a home purchase or home construction (including replacement homes), based on repayment ratios and credit history. For more information, please look online at www.rurdev.usda.gov/me
- Selectmen’s Meeting– Monday, August 17, 6:00pm- Postponed to Tuesday, August 18 at 5:00pm
- Selectmen’s Meetings– Tuesday, September 1, 6:00pm; Monday, September 14, 6:00pm; Monday, September 28 6:00pm.
- Planning Board Meeting– Wednesday, September 2, 7:00pm.
- Community Café– Wednesday, August 20, 6pm. $5 per person. Please RSVP to Vicki by Augus 14 at 356-1528.
- Rec Committee Meeting– Wednesday, September 16, 6:30pm- Volunteers Needed!
- Newburgh Day- Saturday, September 26, 4pm to 7pm- Fireworks at 7pm! Rain or Shine! Barbeque, Kid’s Games and More!
- Fitness for All– Tuesdays at 8:30-9:20 AM (50 minute class), Newburgh Town Office, Class fee: $1. Participants are welcome to join anytime. Click for more information.
- Art Group- On hiatus till fall- A weekly art group for adult artists to meet mornings and paint together is being held at the Town Office on Wednesday mornings at 10:00am. For more information, please call Kate Giffin at 234-3883 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recycling– Recycling is the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month. We now have zerosort recycling. We have informational brochures in the office or you can download here. Please place recycling and trash on the opposite sides of your driveway for clarity. Upcoming Dates: August 14 & 28, Sept 11 & 25, October 9 & 23
Office Hours: Monday 9-6; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8-5; Friday 8-12.
The need for Volunteers is Great! The Recreation and Cemetery Committees are both in need of members.
If you would like to receive the e-newsletter please contact the Town Office.
What Can We Do For You? Let us know! Drop in or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Newburgh Guiding Principles
- Respect- We will observe the Golden Rule.
- Ethics-We will lead by example.
- Accountability-Our business will be open and visible.
- Communication-Listening is more important than talking.
- Teamwork/Partnership-The whole is often larger than the sum of its parts.
The Selectmen meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 6pm at the Town Office. If a meeting is postponed due to inclement weather or a holiday the meeting will be held the next night.
If you have comments or suggestions for or about your website, or if you have pictures that you would like to see on the headers of your website email to swroguekelly@ hotmail.com.
Town Office – 2220 Western Ave, Newburgh, ME 04444
Phone – 234-4151 Fax – 234-2791