- Board of Selectmen –The board of Selectmen will be meeting once a month on the first Monday of the month beginning August 4, 2014 AT 6:00 PM
- Tax Bills- 2014 Tax Bills went out in July, deadline for discount is 8-8-2014 the due date before interest starts is September 30th, 2014.
- Recycling- Recycling is the second Friday of the month. We now have zerosort
recycling we have informational brochures here in the office.
- Public Information Meeting- September 9, 2014 AT 7:00 PM. The Board of Selectmen will be holding a public information meeting to hear public input on and to discuss: the proposal to change the town’s fiscal year; and the proposal to change to a bi-annual property tax billing, as opposed to the current annual property tax billing. The public is encouraged to attend and share your thoughts, concerns and ideas on these two matters.
- Community Garden- We are looking for people that might be interested in receiving the
items being grown in the Community Garden if you are interested please call the town office.
- Selectmen Meeting, Monday, August 4th, 6:00pm
- Planning Board Meeting, Wednesday, August 6, 7:00pm
- Rec Committee Meeting, Wednesday, Sept 3rd, 6:00pm
- Wellman Paving
- Lane Construction
- Eric Smart Logging
- Pizza Gourmet
- Piper Mountain Christmas Trees
- Hannaford Union Street
- R & K Market
- Walmart Bangor
- Hampden Hnnaford
- Fine’n Dandelion
- Sam’s Club
- Bud’s Shop ‘n Save
- Anah Temple Shrine Clowns
Zumba is so popular in Newburgh they are going to have a summer session!! Zumba Fitness is the Latin-inspired dance-exercise program that helps you get in shape while having tons of fun! Come join the fun!
Instructor: Nicole Chamberland, Newburgh Town Office, 6 – 7 p.m Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Fee: $45 for One Class/Week or $65 for Both Classes/Week, $5 Walk In. Payment given to instructor at first class. Checks made out to RSU #22.
Classes Tuesday July 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5, 12, 19, 26
Thursday July 10, 17, 24, 31, Aug 7, 14, 21, 28
Office Hours: Monday 9-6; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8-5; Friday 8-12.
The need for Volunteers is Great! The Recreation and Cemetery Committees are both in need of members.
If you would like to receive the e-newsletter please contact the Town Office.
What Can We Do For You? Let us know! Drop in or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Newburgh Guiding Principles
- Respect- We will observe the Golden Rule.
- Ethics-We will lead by example.
- Accountability-Our business will be open and visible.
- Communication-Listening is more important than talking.
- Teamwork/Partnership-The whole is often larger than the sum of its parts.
The Selectmen meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 7pm at the Town Office. If a meeting is postponed due to inclement weather or a holiday the meeting will be held the next night.
If you have comments or suggestions for or about your website, or if you have pictures that you would like to see on the headers of your website email to swroguekelly@ hotmail.com.
Town Office – 2220 Western Ave, Newburgh, ME 04444
Phone – 234-4151 Fax – 234-2791